I feel like there seems to be this misguided attitude amongst some people who feel like the average American pays for a house that's too big.
Well, maybe. But unless you're paying out your ass for a mansion you don't need, there's a reason why people like to buy homes that have.. I don't know.. plenty of room?
After living in small houses and apartments all my life, I've come to find "cozy" homes are for retired old couples. Or even just a retired or single person.
If you're going to pay for a home. Wouldn't it be a nice to..
- Have room for a family with kids
- Have room for your furniture
- Not stub your toes and trip on your furniture
- Not have to put your bed in the corner and trap your partner
- Not have to have your bed/furniture squished up against plugs and outlets
- Have room for your's and everyone else's shit
- Have room for guests to visit
- Actually have your own place to park.
- Have a place to work on your car/keep it safe
It's not excessive to want to be comfortable in your home. That hipster mindsent of people living too large makes you feel cool and modest until you feel like taking a crowbar to your home because you can't take it anymore. Obviously I'm guilty of once having this mindset. Not anymore! I want the fuck out.
You're paying money to live somewhere. Why pay for a shithole if you can afford better. anonymousHome January 14, 2022 at 9:46 pm00